Saltaire Security has developed and implemented our environmental policy to demonstrate our commitment to continuous improvement in managing environmental issues, including proper management of waste, the reduction of pollution and emissions, compliance with environmental legislation and environmental codes of practice.
We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all, but it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
• Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
• Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible
• Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve suppliers and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable
• Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate
• Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community
• As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same
• Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance
Original signed by: Steve Robertson
Managing Director Saltaire Security Ltd
Company Policies & Standard Operational Procedures